“If we hope to go anywhere or develop ourselves in any way, we can only step from where we are standing. If we don’t really know where we are standing… We may only go in circles…”― Jon Kabat-Zinn, Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life
- Are you feeling depressed or anxious but don’t know why?
- Are you feeling as if you are behind with your life, comparing yourself to friends or colleagues who you think are doing better?
- Are you feeling as if other people don’t understand what’s wrong, or why you’re struggling because you look like you have it together from the outside
- Do you feel inside you like you’re not good enough like there’s something wrong with you?
- Perhaps you experience that toxic inner-critic that can often trap us in painful patterns of shame or fear, and inner-conflicts leaving you feeling ‘battle weary’, maintaining low mood and depression.
- Maybe you’ve been feeling like this for a while but don’t know what to do about it. You might even have tried counselling before but didn’t find it helpful and aren’t sure what you need to do differently.
- Perhaps you feel like you’re standing still or just going around and around in a circle.
Sometimes it can be difficult to find the words to describe what we are experiencing and how we are feeling. You are NOT alone. Many of us will all have experienced one or more of the above. This can be a frustrating and sometimes debilitating experience. It can affect how we see ourselves and in turn, our personal and professional relationships.
However you are feeling and whatever your reasons for seeking counselling, you have the chance to better understand what your experiences mean to you and learn new ways of coping. Understanding the relationship you have with yourself can be both empowering and liberating.
Counselling addresses our current experiences whilst acknowledging that in order to cope with difficult times in our lives, we can repress uncomfortable feelings. Working with me can give you the chance to gain some relief from what you may have minimised, or buried inside.
Counselling offers you a safe space to explore your experiences without being judged. Together, we can give you the chance to find some clarity and take ownership of your life.
Jan Angrabeit MBACP
Let me introduce myself…
I am a qualified Counsellor, Life Coach and Mentor. My approach is completely non-judgemental and I use the Person-centred therapeutic model or combination of models that best suit the individual and the problems that he or she is facing. This allows clients to take more of a lead in discussions so that, in the process, they will discover their own solutions right for them.
I recognise that the search for a counsellor can sometimes be a confusing process, and it can take courage to make that initial contact.
Finding someone who you feel comfortable with is really important, so I suggest that you choose a counsellor who you feel drawn to, with the relevant qualification and experience.
I’m a very down-to-earth person and I offer you a safe and friendly space to come to talk through what is happening for you.
I aim to make the process of counselling as rewarding as possible for you.
I have experience working with adolescents and adults, in both an educational and therapeutic setting – public and private sector. I have worked with clients from diverse backgrounds, with a range of concerns – depression, anxiety, bipolar, PTSD, addiction, self-harm, low self-esteem, loss of confidence, loneliness, career/life changes, exam pressure and bullying.
With a background in education and training, I have a Degree in Education and a PGDip in Coaching and Mentoring Practice. As a result, I am able to draw on a wide range of modalities within her counselling practice, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic and Transactional Analysis in order to meet the needs of her clients. I can offer both long-term and short-term counselling and/or coaching, working within an ethically, safe and confidential environment. I am passionate about counselling, coaching and training. I also offer ABC Awards courses, as an Approved Centre, in Level 2 Counselling Concepts and Level 3 Counselling Skills. I believe in working within a user-centred approach across all her services, which allows for the growth and development of her clients. I am a Member of the BACP and adhere to their Ethical Framework.
I have the following qualification:
- Level 4 in Therapeutic Counselling
- Bachelor of Education
- Level 3 Certificate in Humanistic Counselling
- PGDip. Coaching and Mentoring Practice
Benefits of Counselling
- Greater peace of mind
- Improved communications
- Feel better about who you are
- Reduced stress
- Feel less anxious in social situations
- Resolve conflict more effectively
- Regain enjoyment in life
- A greater sense of fulfilment & purpose
Anxious about taking the first step?
If you’re feeling anxious about taking the first step to having counselling (many people do so – you are not alone) feel free to call me for a chat on 07534516401. Please leave me a brief voicemail and I will call you back.
- Improved sleep
- Increased self-belief
- Learn how to say ‘no’
- ‘Tools’ & resources for life
Let’s work together
* Availability Update: Please contact me for further information.